W San Francisco continues to look for more opportunities to make the hotel and the world a better place. Our goal is to reduce our egological footprint, move toward zero waste and restore and conserve the natural resources.
- Managers are regular speakers at local university sustainability MBA classes and mentor students from local sustainability programs at SFSU and Presidio Business School.
- The hotel actively supports "Save the Bay", a local nonprofit dedicated to restoring and maintaining the Bay Area wetlands.
- W San Francisco is the only commercial representative on the San Francisco Mayors Urban Wind Task Force, and seeks to facilitate the installation of wind turbines on the roof of the building to act as a power source to the hotel.
- All used linens, towels, partially used guestroom amenity containers, miscellaneous supplies, furniture and equipment are donated to local nonprofit organizations.
- W San Francisco supports green networking groups such as EcoTuesday, the Business Council on Climate Change (BC3) and Global Green by providing complimentary space and sponsorship for eco-events.